Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Mahershala Ali Delivers Inspirational Speech



Sunday night, Mahershala Ali made an inspiring speech at the SAG Awards. While receiving Best Supporting Actor award for his performance in Moonlight, he spoke about being a muslim in the wake of Trump’s controversial ban. He stated,

"I think what I’ve learned from working on Moonlight is we see what happens when we persecute people. They fold into themselves, and what I was so grateful about in having the opportunity to play [his Moonlight character] Juan was playing a gentleman. Who saw a young man folding into himself as the result of the persecution of his community, and taking the opportunity to uplift him, tell him that he mattered, that he was okay, accept him and I hope that we do a better job of that."


He continued,

"When we get caught up in the minutiae, the details that make us all different, there’s two ways of seeing that. You can see the texture of that person, the qualities that make them unique, or you can go to war about it, say, ‘That person is different from me, I don’t like you, so let’s battle.’ My mother is an ordained minister, I’m a Muslim. She didn’t do backflips when I called her to tell her I converted 17 years ago. But I tell you now, we put things to the side, I’m able to see her, she’s able to see me, we love each other, the love has grown. That stuff is minutiae. It’s not that important."

WALE TIRED OF THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?????


Wale has had enough of the music industry. Over the weekend, the outspoken rapper took to social media, venting about the industry, tweeting:

" Niggas only f*ck wit u when ur face on that Teeshirt...this whole sh*t fake"

RASHEEDA WILL ADDRESS MARRIAGE TO KIRK FROST IN NEW BOOK



Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’s Rasheeda is remaining mum about the controversy surrounding her marriage to cast mate and marriage Kirk Frost. Contractually, she’s unable to speak about reports that Kirk cheated and had a child outside her marriage. The alleged drama will play out on the upcoming season of LHHA. However, during an interview with “The SCOOP”, she insists she has no regrets doing the show, and revealed that she’s planning on releasing a book in 2017 in which she will talk about her 17-year marriage with Kirk. 

MIMI FAUST RUMORED TO HAVE A NEW GIRLFRIEND, SHE'S A BALLER



Rumor has it, Mimi Faust has found love again. Over the weekend, the Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta star posted a photo with her rumored girlfriend, WNBA player Tamera Young


Last month, Tamera also posted a photo, posing with Mimi and Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ baby mama Sarah Chapman.

According to Black Sports Online, the pair were attempting to keep their relationship under the radar. Mimi nor the Chicago Sky guard have commented on their relationship status.

‘Hidden Figures’ Won ‘Best Cast’ At The SAG Awards



The cast of “Hidden Figures” had a shocking victory Sunday that was nothing short of a black girl magic moment.
Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae and Octavia Spencer who portrayed Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaugh and Mary Jackson in the inspiring film, accepted the SAG award for “Best Cast in a Motion Picture”, beating out favorites “Moonlight” and “LaLa Land.”
Taraji spoke on behalf of the cast and tearfully told the world that the women who inspired the picture were “hidden figures no more.”

Defendants In Tahiry Jose Catch Fade Case Call BS & Demand $20K



Lawyers For Venue Where Security Guard Attacked Reality Star Said They’re Not To Blame

Lawyers for the venue where former “Love & Hip Hop New York’s” Tahiry Jose said a security guard jumped her during Fashion Week have come out swinging in the reality star’s catch fade lawsuit.
Attorneys for the Helen Mills Event Space and Theater and Miltan Management Corp. said the security guard who allegedly beat the brakes off of Joe Budden’s former lover wasn’t their employee, and they shouldn’t be named in her civil assault case, according to court records obtained by BOSSIP.
Helen Mills and Milton Management also want Tahiry to pony up $20,000 towards their legal fees for what they said is a “frivolous” lawsuit that they want out of ASAP.
Tahiry sued the event venue, along with security guard Carlos Suggs after he allegedly launched an unprovoked attack on her as she was getting ready to walk in the Angola International Fashion Show during Fashion Week in Sept. 2014.
She sued Suggs, the security guard, for the medical bills, pain and suffering and “loss of enjoyment of life,” after she said the assault left her with a head injury, a concussion, spinal injuries, wrist damage, and post-traumatic stress disorder and headaches, according to court docs in Manhattan Supreme Court.
The former reality star also named the venue, the fashion designer and the PR firm for hiring the guard who manhandled her, claiming they didn’t properly train him and should’ve known he was violent.
But according to court docs obtained by BOSSIP, the venue said it never hired, supervised or trained Suggs in the first place, and surveillance video shows that Suggs beat her up on the sidewalk outside of the venue – not inside. Therefore, Helen Mills and Miltan Management said that they not responsible for the beatdown.
Tahiry said the pain from the attack was so bad that she had to get an epidural – an anesthetic used during childbirth to numb the lower half of the body, the reality starlet’s court papers state.
he said the beat down put her in the hospital for two days, and she didn’t leave the house for four months except to go to the doctor. Tahiry said it’s been hard for her to return to filming as a result of the beating and she continues to suffer severe pain, confusion, can’t sit for long periods or lift heavy things.
Tahiry said in court papers that she’s spent nearly $31,000 on medical bills from the attack.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Entire State Department Senior Management Team Jumps Ship



Donald Trump’s first week in the Oval Office has been a cause for concern, to say the least. Trump’s first few days have led to a massive march on Washington, sparked a controversy in regards to the White House’s use of “alternative facts, and forced several long-time employees of the U.S. Department of State to abandon ship.  
On Wednesday, the entire senior level of management officials resigned as several foreign service officers refuse to take part in Trump’s controversial presidency.
According to the Washington Post, it was recently reported that Trump’s team was looking to secure his No. 2 within the department and replace the State Department’s undersecretary for management, Patrick Kennedy, who had been in that position for nine years. However, unbeknownst to the department, Kennedy and three of his top officials, who have worked under both political party administrations, resigned without warning.
The resignation comes on the heels of several other foreign official resignations since Trump’s inauguration.
On January 20, the Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security resigned, followed by the director of the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations who left the same day.
According to reports, with all of the departures, nearly all of the senior officials that manage the State Department, its overseas posts and its people, are gone.
“It’s the single biggest simultaneous departure of institutional memory that anyone can remember, and that’s incredibly difficult to replicate,” former State Department chief of staff David Wade said. “Department expertise in security, management, administrative and consular positions in particular are very difficult to replicate and particularly difficult to find in the private sector.”
Apparently, several senior foreign service officials in the State Department’s regional bureaus have also left their assignments or resigned since the election, the publication reports.
“Diplomatic security, consular affairs, there’s just not a corollary that exists outside the department, and you can least afford a learning curve in these areas where issues can quickly become matters of life and death,” Wade said. “The muscle memory is critical. These retirements are a big loss. They leave a void. These are very difficult people to replace.”   
Now, according to reports, it will be the Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s number one job to find qualified and experienced officials to manage the State Department’s important offices. Although, he has no government experience, he must also reach out to the rest of the State Department workforce to reassure them that everything is under control. Remember, Trump ordered a hiring freeze for much of the federal government.